Nokia N79. Firmware Update V.11.049. Il Changelog più lungo della storia!
Oserei dire impressionante il changelog per la nuova release del firmware v11.049 del Nokia N79.
Si tratta di pagine e pagine di modifiche, bug fix ed aggiornamenti alla precedente versione v10.046. A questo punto mi viene da pensare, o l'N79 era uno dei cellulari più buggati della storia, o Nokia ci crede talmente tanto da investire tantissimo in ricerca e sviluppo.
Sarà che sonno un po' pessimista di natura, ma mi viene da propendere per la prima ipotesi... voi che ne dite? ;)
L'elenco delle novità è disponibile dopo il salto.
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 10.046 to version 11.049:
- New version of N-Gage
- New version of Mail for Exchange
- Search & WLAN information difficult to read in Active Idle.
- Active Idle screen becomes blank in landscape mode.
- Default Active Idle shortcuts configured.
- Active Idle going dead after quickly accepting and rejecting an incoming video call.
- White boxes shown on the screen while doing orientation change quickly in idle mode.
- The sis file which is installed to MoviNand or SD card cannot be seen in application manager.
- Wrong Feature Manager flag used for seamless link functionality.
- Flashlite sis installation is not successful in the first attempt.
- Unable to upgrade graphic icons in Media Player / Media Settings via sis file.
- Unable to upgrade ROM based UI application by installing new version to memory card.
- Application Update self-update never completes.
- Upgrade of BrowserAudioVideoPlugin.rsc via sw installation is not possible.
- Upgrade of Connection Manager via sw installation is not possible.
- Tunings improvements for IHF audio.
- Keypad tones cannot be tuned for IHF.
- UI Accelerator toolkit (Hitchcock/Alfred) stub file missing.
- Locking keys and then opening camera reveal confuses orientation sensor.
- Disable orientation in alarm ringing, incoming call and semi active state.
- Panic after orientation change.
- Bluetooth headset disconnects when Wireless Keyboard is disconnected from the phone automatically.
- Phone panics when changing views in Bluetooth menu while choosing the last connected device from paired view.
- Phone crashes and doesn’t disconnect correctly in audio gateway.
- BT stereo audio drops when using certain accessories.
- Pre-defined browser bookmarks missing from APAC2 variant.
- Added empty folder in Americas bookmarks to make embedded bookmarks work.
- Bookmark shortcuts revert to prior setting following backup.
Browser and Streaming
- After selecting a link in Expedia website, a panic occurred and “Application closed: !CookieServer” is shown.
- Device crashes upon receiving a big cookie in an HTTP response.
- Hotspot Browser Login UI not scalable.
- Browser launch in embedded mode with custom access point setting does not work.
- Reconnecting to streaming content doesn’t work and default connection is changed to “Always ask” after trying to connect again.
- Note “MediaPlayerTemp has not been saved. Save now” displays when user exits preview in BrowserNG.
- 30s timer for out-of-coverage monitoring in the browser utilities is too short
- ITU keypad lights stays off when browsing in landscape mode.
- Helix crash or general “memory full” issue occurred when streaming a high resolution clip (704×576) and high bit rate (3Mbip/s).
- PP bit #165 flag should be off.
- Calendar plug-in displays events incorrectly.
- Alarms missed note shown when Calendar is opened even when there are no missed alarms.
Camera and Video
- Indicator LED is not on.
- Application closed: Image viewer is shown after pressing Send key many times.
- LED flash is weak.
- Still capture and video recording with main camera does not work when there is a HW fault with acme secondary camera.
- Capture tone and Internet Radio play simultaneous when capture button is pressed when camera is auto focusing.
- Sometimes images captured in dark conditions are totally white
- Front camera image rotation is not working properly.
- Camera crashes if IVE policy server releases client immediately after reserve.
- Camera view finder opens when keylock is on.
- Camera freezes when capturing video with “Normal” quality and when Photos application is not closed after clip has been watched.
- Phone does not go to sleep after opening/closing camera reveal.
- Keylock activation plus opening camera reveal causes new camera instance started.
- Camera shutter and volume key lights are OFF when secondary camera is in use.
- Camera reveal open/close events are not executed when keypad is locked.
- Device does not go to sleep correctly after using camera.
- Error note “Unexpected error occurred…” displays and Camera cannot be used unless reboot DUT after playing one video clip in different Phone mode on TV.
- After recording and then deleting the video, the camera LED flashes once when back to video mode.
- Image and video counter do not display all digits in settings views.
- Camera is disabled if keylock is pressed (unlocked) during video call.
- Camera preview opens even in keylock.
- Camera application is started even when device is locked.
- Phone does not go to sleep after opening/closing camera reveal.
- Recorded video time counter disappears when another video is captured subsequently.
- Camera viewfinder is shown incorrectly after opening the lens cover when camera is opening.
- Camera cannot be launched when device is in Landscape view.
- Changing to secondary camera when viewfinder is not yet shown causes unexpected error.
- Video camera is not started after few repeats.
- Camera crashes when opening video quality settings rapidly after recording.
- Phone is in still image viewfinder mode when answering an incoming call in burst mode.
- Pressing applications key immediately after starting video capture causes post-capture image to be missing when returning the camera from background.
- Cannot play video sometimes after recording has stopped.
- Phone reboots when recording is started.
- The note of “Unexpected error occurred. Restart phone” pops up when receiving a BT message in recoding state.
- Wrong view is shown when using secondary camera while video playback is paused in the background.
- Viewfinder image quality seriously degrades when recording a video.
- Video playback hangs in application switch use case.
- Crash is detected after recording high quality video clips for 50 iterations.
- Camera jams when stopping video recording.
- The camera hangs when the recording has been paused for one minute.
- Video stabilisation not working.
- Overlapping functionality when pressing Volume/Zoom key in Camera (music is playing in background).
- Keylock plus opening camera reveal causes new camera instance to be started when in Messaging.
- Backlight automatically turned off during video playback.
- The clock in application status pane is not updated after power-saver deactivates.
- Phone lost correct time during power off.
- Removing battery during alarm makes the device unusable.
- Alarm alert dialogue box disappears if setting new alarm when alarm goes off.
- Display light remains on when clock/calendar alarm is not cancelled or snoozed.
- Device panics when headset is powered on/off very fast.
- Nothing is heard when 616 car kit and wired headphone is connected to the phone during MT CS call.
- Contacts application closed after selecting “All contacts” in Multimedia menu.
- Pre-defined Contacts does not support Chinese characters.
- Search pane does not work after deleting one contact in Chinese mode.
- Contact name with enter key is displayed incorrectly in Sender list view after importing it from Contacts.
- Adding new number from SMS to existing number in ADN causes number to corrupt.
- Some default settings values are against the specs in Russian variant.
- Default USB connection mode is Mass storage. It should be PC Suite.
- Delivery via Device Management corrupts EAP-FAST PAC file.
- The music in File Manager is played when pressing Pause/Play key on headset.
- File manager crash when in USB mass storage connection and trying to copy with Remote drive.
- Unable to open or delete file whose name contains illegal characters.
- Mark/Unmark menu item displays additional ‘Mark All’ sub-menu item even when all items
are already marked.
- S60 3.2 phones allow user to tune to FM frequency lower than 87.5MHz.
- Current Playing Radio item is not shown in idle state of screen after changing standby theme from Basic to Horizontal icon bar.
- FM transmitter deactivated after receiving a voice call.
- Audio playback is heard from stereo BT when FM TX is activated.
- FM TX Chirp signal does not switch off after 5 minutes.
- FM TX usability improvements implemented.
- FM transmitter still transmits when headphones attached.
- IHF cannot be enabled during call when FMTx is on.
- Mobile crash after updating the phone with dummy package using FOTA.
- FOTA Suspend and Resume: Resume download doesn’t work when DM server uses Silent mode.
- Naviscroll behaviour is jumpy in Gallery.
- MPXCollectionserver and SQL Server consuming 20% of CPU for just viewing and switching between images using navikey.
- Naviscroll light is ON only in Gallery/Images folder.
- The help topic for Theme switch can’t be opened.
- Description about Podcasting in Help is incorrect.
- The Help topics about “video sharing” and “video calls” need to be removed in EDGE variant.
- Help data is missing for some options related to access points.
- Help application hangs after selecting Naviwheel setting link in Help.
- Boxes in Help text in Finnish language.
- Strange text exists in Help text for Office Folder in Simplified Chinese language.
- Duplicate word “”Drucken”" in Photos Help topic in German language.
- Most of the help topics are missing when English is in use in Thai variant.
- Some words are localized to incorrect language in Help topics in Bahasia Indonesia language.
- Help topics missing from Camera -> Options -> Customise toolbar -> Options ->Help.
- ‘Frequency presets’ topic is missing in the help of ‘Equaliser’.
- The Application launching link ‘Music player’ does not work in the Help topic of ‘Edit frequency presets’ .
- A blank page is opened when clicking ‘Internet call connectivity sett.’ link in Internet call settings in Help.
- Audio themes application can not be opened when clicking the link from Audio themes in Help.
- Strange text exists in Help text for Games tile when in Chinese language.
- Many question marks in Help for software checker (NSC) in Chinese translation.
- Helps are missing from American-English.
- Some words in Help are localized to incorrect language.
- Wrong help topic opens for Help topic “Sensor settings” in localised English.
- The help content of SW Checker is not shown correctly in Chinese language.
- A few display texts are shown as logical names in Chinese language
- Phone UI conflict after playing video and music at same time.
- Upload to Corel DMS failed.
- Filename extension is missing or wrong (.mp3) from downloaded WAV-audio files.
- Share content view is not updated properly.
- Content server crash when C-drive is full.
- None is still displayed for home access point after creating new access point in Home Media.
- Unable to copy image and video files when home network is Orb server.
- Create new access point doesn’t work properly.
- Changing “hide phone” to “show phone” sometimes results with crash.
- Selected device’s Music and Uploaded folders can not be accessed in Home Media.
- Phone crashes when Home Media application is closed.
- DRM file is not skipped when copying files from handset to media server.
- ‘Application closed: MediaServer_MainThread’ displays during sharing if memory is almost full.
- Images & Videos updating dialog box is not refreshed if “Visibility in network” has been changed during sharing many images.
- Print server crashes connecting to UPnP printer.
- Media Servant did not harvest all 10000 files.
- Metadata hasn’t been refreshed.
Key and Keypad Functionality
- Zooming functionality is not performed by ITU-Keys.
- Long press of Lock key for unlocking re-locks again.
- S60 keypad is not working after waking up device during call.
- Naviselect key press filtering does not work properly.
- Navikey centre select not filtered.
- Keypad lock haptics have wrong intensity, length and interval time.
- Forward locked java applications fail to start.
-.Icon for invalid rights is shown for WM DRM protected videos in RealPlayer.
- Deleting licenses fails if C: drive doesn’t have enough memory.
- Boot up failure when ALS component is detached in drop testing.
- Lights are controlled wrongly in several use cases.
- Send/End keys are not illuminated even when other S60 lights are on.
- S60 and ITU-T illumination not turned on after reboot and keylock release.
- Navikey light doesn’t light up in semi-active state.
- Navikey LED functionality improvements.
- Support for Korean language selection.
- Positioning server address is not retrieved.
- No GPS fix after factory reset.
- Can not use Chinese characters to search in Maps application.
- Landmarks: Panic is detected when cancelling searching current position.
- Maps and Landmarks can’t be opened when phone language set to Catalan.
- GPS is not stopping after Camera enters Standby Mode and consuming battery.
- Assisted GPS and “Integrated GPS” items are not localized to Chinese in positioning methods view.
Memory and Memory Card
- Memory full displayed when opening multiple applications.
- Memory leak is detected when making BT modem dial up connection over 3G.
- After restoring settings from memory card, a number off settings are not restored.
- Scroll bar displayed the first time entering Menu application after booting even though Menu application view don’t need a scroll bar.
- The Options soft key is inactive after moving an application to a new position.
- Pressing Menu key shows previously visited item first before switching to default.
- Number of saved msgs. default value is 20 instead of 100.
- Predictive text default value in Language is “Off” instead of “On”.
- Receive adverts’ default value is “Yes” instead of “No”.
- Impossible to insert new image to MMS message.
- Panic happens when connect to pop3 mail server.
- Application crash after pressing End Key to close attachment of email message.
- MMS viewer crash with unprotected content when playback is restricted.
- Unable to open MMS/SMS messaging url in the page: https://rave.cellulardata.com/xhtml/…_url_tests.html
- Launching Message Viewer for Business Card not working from external home screen.
- Truncated email username causing problem with login.
- Messaging application closed when deleting a keyword after searching the marked items.
- Cannot fetch email with OD2 WMDRM song as attachment.
- ChinaUI_MsgMngt: Can not enter the application or application crash after removing battery.
- ChinaUI_MsgMngt: The localization of Junk in rules list view cannot be changed after changing
the phone’s Language.
- ChinaUI_MsgMngt: “Application closed: Message” is displayed when creating a new rule named “Junk”.
- Phone panics during “Send via bluetooth”.
- Note ‘Remove XXX.jpg ‘ is truncated after one image is inserted to MMS twice and then try to remove the second one.
- Error message missing if receiving message when FLASH is below critical level.
- Gimlet: Cannot configure client after backup/restore to SD.
- Inbox message can’t be read, deleted, or moved.
- China UI SMS Filter breaks SMS timestamp.
- Message sending issue on PC Suite when multiple recipients selected.
- General: Feature not supported message seen when sending email with incorrect username or password.
- E-mail message retrieval size limit is not working properly when receiving Japanese message.
- MMS Postcard application is not configurable in variant.
- The SMS switch to MMS automatically after adding more than 20 receivers.
- Maximum length email address name causes Messaging application to crash.
- Phone becomes unresponsive when using Music Player with 6000 songs.
- MP3 file does not play.
- The phone performance is low after skipping forward when playing aac song
- Media Player does not refresh “Recently played list” when USB cable is connected.
- The options in ‘Playlists’ has issues with playing the music properly.
- Music player crashes if renderer name contains tab characters.
- Progress bar in Now Playing view displays incorrectly after finishing playing automatic playlist.
- IHF speaker damage (failure) in Music Player.
- Artist name is not shown correctly.
- Artist name missing after music sync from Twonky.
- Music playback breaks when warning appears in Silent mode.
- Music volume level jumps when previewing a ring tone in profiles application.
- Visualization view is corrupted.
- Music player enters loop when updating the music library.
- Music can not be played after installing web server application from Downloads!.
- MPXPlaybackServer crashes when memory card is removed with Music Player running in the background.
- Music player library gets corrupted after several synchronizations.
- Music player keep searching new songs when activated if time separator was changed from default ( / ) to colon ( : ).
- Problems to control music player in applications where zooming is enabled.
- Drive New drive unavailable. Try again? is displayed when launching Ngage after creating a remote drive.
- N-Gage games fail to start after restore content from SD card.
- Could not install N-Gage and received error msg “Unknown error: -5″.
- N-gage gaming keys do not work in portrait mode.
- Volume key not illuminated when playing Games (N-Gage).
Nokia SW Checker
- Nokia Software Checker included in Welcome application.
- NSC can be used when DM is in the background.
- NSC background application sends Mobile-Crash reports in RnD releases.
- Log file must be removed if it exists in Production configuration.
- Timer (internal) is not working properly in Error cases.
- Interface is missing to enable other applications to use SW update checking capabilities.
- The time format is displayed incorrectly after updating in NSC application.
- Problem in French translation for “new update found” text.
- NSC-client incorrectly treats Error Codes from NSCS (FOX/FiRE).
- The second marked note cannot be sent after the first marked note was sent.
- Phone freezes or just stops opening applications when multiple applications are opened.
- Delete title in Newsticker application does not work correctly.
- When using an application with a high CPU load in the background(e.g. Music Player), the user interface to any other application on the phone becomes slow and sometimes crashes.
- Corrupt thumbnails are displayed if stopping a video in Photos after changing the display mode from Portrait mode to Landscape mode.
- Tag Manager in Photos closes on down arrow key.
- Location information not deleted from Image when deleted from details view.
- Photos crashes after opening ‘All’ view when 1000 images are saved in device.
- Photos is too slow with more than 10 DRM items
- Photos Application performance problems after number of photos are transferred to the device.
- Media keys illumination is wrong in slideshow in MC Photos is music is ON
- Slideshow is not illuminated
- Backlight goes off during Slide Show.
- Garbled search results when entering a number as the search title.
- Crash occurred after pressing end key during acquiring license for OD2 episode in episode view.
- The name of podcasting application includes unexpected symbol “/”, when phone language is Melayu.
- Naviscroll is not entering Sleep Mode.
- Standby current is stuck at approx 10mA if phone locked directly after boot up.
- Silent profile: Video call ringing tone is Beep. It should be Nokia Tune.
- Meeting profile: Video call ringing tone is Nokia Tune. It should be Beep.
- Offline profile: Vibrating alert is On. It should be off.
- Multimedia profile should be flagged as hidden.
Push to Talk
- PTT service is logged out after trying to delete connection profile.
- Error message “Memory full. Close other apps and try again.” occurred in Real Player.
- Playback view displays incorrectly in landscape mode in Real Player.
- “Show Songs” doesn’t work in Search in main view.
- Hidden IM application can be found and launched from Search.
- Check validity of password against time limit does not work.
- Lock code query does not pop up when powering on the phone even though “Lock if SIM card
changed” is set to “Yes”.
- Lock code query pops up when powering on the phone even if SIM cards IMSI is in devices IMSI list.
- Unable to define MfE from Settings Wizard.
- Camera functionality works differently if changing camera modes from menu instead of using the lens cover.
- Crash is detected after pressing RSK quickly and continually when opening Share Online folder.
- Application crashes in device A when fetching MMS started from device B.
- No conflict solving dialog is displayed when previously synced contact’s phone number is edited on both phones.
- Phone crashes during Contacts slow sync with S40.
- Retrieving multiple MMS messages fails.
- Fetching multimedia files fails.
- Nokia folder file larger than 2MB is removed from terminal B when Nokia folder file sync is repeated.
- The start storing icon is missing in the landscape mode.
- Error note “Application closed: Switch” after copying has been finished.
- Part of address disappears in Contacts in slow sync with Series40.
- Fetching several giga bytes of sound files is interrupted.
- Fetching media gallery images fails.
- Deleted items from either device are not sent.
- The phone can not select the data type item when synchronised with a S60 2.0 phone.
- The phone cannot synchronise after disconnect the PC suite.
- OviSuite 1.0 - E-mail synchronization does not work.
- Calendar and Contacts are not synchronized though the note “Synchronization completed” is displayed when synchronizing with OVI Suite.
- Sync feature has several texts not localized.
- No downlink audio heard in the phone or headset on outgoing call.
- UI doesn’t send user defined image for VT call.
- CDSP problem in video call.
- Back camera is used as default camera during video call.
- Phone uses main camera even when reveal is closed during video call.
- Camera swapped to main camera when locking keys during video call.
- Call disconnects after 20min.
- Can’t adjust MT call volume level when Visual Radio is in foreground.
- Opening multiple instances of voicemail via 1 key causes phone reset.
- DTMF signals are not sent when inband is used with key tones switched off.
- The person on other end of call can also hear the call audio when the gain value is set to zero.
- Crash when call is blacklisted.
- Not Allowed warning note is shown and Telephony UI is hidden when pressing the “End Call” button before an externally created MO call alert.
- Phone can’t display the in-coming call interface when connecting to PC suite.
- When placing multiple calls on “hold”, the other caller’s send key becomes unresponsive and on hold note is shown after call is ended.
- Telephone will crash after trying to send a media file during voice call while C-drive is too full for the generated multimedia message.
- Video call is shown in Options when highlighting a contact in EDGE SW.
- Call divert icon for line 2 disappears from UI.
- Phone reboot when making or receiving a call.
- Held call is activated after 1X+Send.
- Making a video call using DialNoFdnCheck () fails with -8071.
- Phone call is rejected if there are numbers in the idle screen while receiving an MT call.
- The volume can not be adjusted during a video call.
- Improvements to emergency call handling.
- Send to caller is inactive when trying to send a picture to caller during voice call.
- After call transfer, call cannot be ended.
- Video sharing image quality is poor on MT end.
- Call divert icon not seen on UI after phone powered off/on.
- ITU keys light turns off when receiving a voice call.
- During call, using volume key or camera key to wake up the device does not work.
- Back camera is used as default camera in video call.
- Phone uses main camera even when reveal is closed during video call/sharing.
- Camera swapped to main camera when locking keys during video call.
- Display lights turn off during video call when lock switch activated.
- Phone application goes to background after standby theme has been changed.
- Menu events and “Phone handling events” missing from Audio Themes view.
- Video can not be played continuously if changing phone mode during playing video on TV.
- Screen becomes blank after rotating to landscape while viewing images on TV-Out if theme effect is ON.
- Incorrect UA Profile shown when in 3G.
- H264 Decoder hangs if first frame after valid header is corrupted
- Helix FLV payload support for playing flash videos from YouTube etc missing from 3.2 and 3.2.3 platforms.
- Video Center crashes when C: disk is full.
- Operator specific H.264 movie clip does not play.
- The content catalogue update for new feed fails when downloading a big video.
- Visual Radio does not startup.
- Enter key gives wrong behaviour in idle.
- Voice commands: Playback volume is 10 > should be 5.
- The phone freezes after pressing down arrow key in Voice Command list.
- Voice Commands play back volume configured.
- Video clip sharing does not work during VoIP call.
- Cannot input 256 characters to the query of VoIP service username and service password after enabling a VoIP service without a password.
- The name of MSK and display of Options are incorrect in Internet call barring settings.
- VoIP calls are shown as last name, first name in log.
- Device rebooted on MT call with Alcatel-Lucent Multicore.
- Two services can not be activated simultaneously if AP linked to SIP profiles
- Cancelling VoIP call causes reset.
- Double hold not working with Cisco Call Manager
- Unable to save the new profile created using existing one.
- Incorrect value of PTime and UDP packet length in RTP stream are shown.
- Phone crashed when using VoIP with NAT setting to AP without NAT.
- DTMF tones are sent but tone is heard twice on sending phone during VoIP call.
- Crash occurs if VoIP service connection isn’t selected in 20-30 seconds.
- Logs doesn’t show presence status when call is made before subscribing.
- Presence status is not updated correctly.
- UI note “Error in connection” is missing if first VoIP call fails.
- WidSets application is not rotating correctly.
- WLAN login application crashes randomly.
- WLAN APN passed along with SDP content is not utilized by Real Player.
- Connection fails via WPA/WEP protected access point.
- Connection fails when SNAP-list has first priority packet data and wanting to use WLAN connection.
- Incorrect active WLAN interface handling.
- Phone reboots when user confirms to close one PDP context in disconnect dialog.
- Unable to use Zip Manager if phone has a remote drive with incomplete settings.